Wednesday 13 November 2013

Should we ever go back?

A long-time relationship (one I thought to be dead, to be perfectly honest) has raised it's head again recently.

It has come at a time when I have much turmoil in my life: my aged father is quite ill and my "love life" - while having had a couple of recent carnal (but essentially emotion-free) high points - is not great. 

This (potentially resurrectable) long-term association offers me solace, comfort, understanding and requires little of me in return; potentially a "no-brainer" it -by contrast - offers me little in the way of excitement and adventure ... Which is essentially why it faltered in the first place.

So what do I do? Do I throw the offer of potential emotional stability back in the face of the one who is offering or do I "go back", accept what is offered and reciprocate as best I can whilst trying to inject a level of excitement (where possible) into the arrangement?



My quandary continues ....

No comments:

Post a Comment