Friday 10 August 2012

IfI were a younger man (2)


You may recall from my previous post that I recently found myself in London on business.

Having concluded my engagement I was wending my way back to a mainline station to begin my journey back out to ‘the sticks’. I rounded a corner near Monument and joined a throng of people milling about – some, like me, heading for a station of some description having completed their days’ work, others making their way to various rendezvous’ of a social or intimate nature.

As I threw myself into the throng, a woman a few feet ahead of me - and walking in the same direction - caught my eye. She was tall, slim, had long curly brunette hair, nylon-clad legs to die for (I like to assume she was wearing either stockings or hold-ups….I pray they were NOT tights!), feet adorned in incredible stiletto’s and wearing a short, blue, figure-hugging dress that showed her legs, bottom and small waist to their finest advantage – even from the back.

It is an understatement to say that she stood out from the crowd.




As we both continued our respective journeys along a common route I was transfixed by the sway of her hips and the movement of her shapely legs… nothing uncommon in that for any heterosexual male I guess:  but this, dear reader, is where I start to edge onto ground that I wonder if I am alone in standing on or if others of you experience it (or something similar) too?

I have previously alluded to my penchant for scantily-clad ladies posing for camera (I will provide more detail in future posts); as I walked behind her I started imagining the same gorgeous body clad in only heels, nylons and a suspender belt… wondering how she might look spread before me for my camera lens…..



These thoughts bother me on a number of levels:

  • -       if I were a younger man, would such thoughts be dismissed as simply a healthy male libido working as designed?
  • -       because I am a more mature man (although I’m happy to say I don’t think I am quite old enough to be the subject’s father!) are such thoughts now considered incorrect?...creepy?...pervy?
  • -       should I – simply because I have crossed some society-decreed undefined age barrier – switch off or dismiss such thoughts for the remainder of my life?


In retrospect, what I would have liked to have done (although not in any way to consider even remotely progressing any of the thoughts above), would have been able to engage her and simply tell her how stunning she looked before continuing my journey. Again, a dilemma: – for a younger man to do such a thing would have been considered bold but relatively ‘normal’ (and she would, possibly, have been flattered at such a random compliment); would a more mature man undertaking the same actions be considered creepy/pervy/just plain wrong and - even worse - cause offence to the 'complimentee'?

I am in a quandary here and any comments or feedback you, the reader, would like to provide to help me clarify my position one way or the other would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment